Bayern on the threshold of another Bundesliga crown, title showdown in Portugal.
Can Napoli overhaul Roman duo in race for Champions League?
At the turn of the year, Napoli looked nailed on to secure the third Champions League spot behind Roma and runaway leaders Juventus. Fast forward to Spring and a collapse in form, combined with a phenomenal run of form by Lazio, has left Rafa Benitez’s side with a mountain to climb.
Perhaps inspired by their Europa League exploits, Napoli can put together a sequence of results to regain their place in the top three.
Can Espanyol upset the odds in the Derbi Barceloní?
One has to go back to the 2008-09 season to find the last time Espanyol beat their neighbours Barcelona. At home their record is even worse, with just one win in the past 12 seasons. So, it will represent a significant upset if the Parakeets can spring a surprise this weekend.
Will Bayern Munich complete a hat-trick of titles?
• Bayern Munich can wrap up a third straight Bundesliga title this weekend if they win at home to Hertha Berlin on Saturday and Wolfsburg fail to beat Borussia Monchengladbach on Sunday.
Will Portugal showdown be a title decider?
• Benfica lead Porto by three points in the Portuguese league ahead of Saturday’s meeting at Stadium of the Light. With only four matches remaining after this encounter, a win for the hosts and the champagne will be placed on ice in the Portuguese capital.
IN NEW ZEALAND
Who will win the all-Kiwi clash?
• The OFC Champions League Final on Sunday is an all-Kiwi clash between Auckland City and Team Wellington.
Who will prevail in Argentina’s Superclasico?
• Joint-top of the table, Boca Juniors face River Plate at La Bombonera on Sunday in the “Superclasico”. They will meet twice more over the next three weeks in the Libertadores Cup.
Who’s the top man in England this season?
• The PFA player of the year is announced on Sunday.