Chelsea have decided not to appeal against coach Jose Mourinho’s touchline ban for the Champions League quarter-final against Bayern Munich.
“I’m not on the bench on Wednesday, and also next week, and it’s something that I don’t want to comment or say what I have in myself,” Mourinho said.
“It’s clear you cannot say too much. I must keep quiet.”
Chelsea were fined 75,000 Swiss francs and Mourinho was given a two-match touchline ban by UEFA last week.
“As indicated on Friday, we are not happy with that verdict but we accept it,” the statement added.
Mourinho said he was confident his team would beat Bayern Munich, even though he would not be aable to communicate with the players during the game.
“The team is ready,” he , told Chelsea TV, .
“We know the way we want to play, we study the opponent. We know the opponents’ style and their good qualities.
“I will be concentrating on the game. I will be following the game like I always do.
“Between the first game and the second game I can work with the team. I will have my eyes completely open to try to prepare the team for the second game.”