Feyenoord have confirmed that they are to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport against their UEFA Cup exclusion.
The Dutch club said in a statement they believe they should not be held responsible for the crowd disturbances before and during their group-stage match against Nancy in France on November 30 which led to them being banned.
“We want to have the verdict of the (UEFA) Appeals Board tested in juridical terms as we have the feeling that justice has not been done,” the club’s financial director Onno Jacobs said.
Feyenoord had been drawn to face Spurs in the next round of the competition, but their expulsion saw the Premiership club being awarded a bye to the next round.
“Pending our appeal we will continue our preparations for the matches against Spurs and we will urge the Court of Arbitration for Sport to make a quick decision.”