Mark Hughes is confident that Kaka will join Manchester City when he learns of the club’s grand ambitions.
Milan confirmed on Thursday they were considering a £107million bid for the former world footballer of the year and, privately, City owner Sheikh Mansour is confident the offer will be accepted.
Speculation in Italy has indicated that the player will stay at the San Siro as he believes the club cannot match his ambition, but Hughes does not feel there will be a problem.
”We are all working to the same end; trying to be successful on a regular basis,” he said. ”You do that by bringing good players to the club to supplement those we already have.
”It is not something that will happen overnight and we have to let people understand what we are trying to do and understand where this club will go in the next few years.
”Once they understand that and recognise the people driving it forward they will become excited by what we can offer.”
Kaka’s spokesman Diogo Kotscho admitted that although a deal was not close the Rossoneri had granted permission to open talks.
“Milan has authorised the negotiation with Manchester City,” he told AP. “The next step now is that Kaka’s father will eventually talk to Manchester City.
“It’s an exaggeration what they are saying in England that it’s almost a done deal and it’s an exaggeration that Kaka has rejected the offer.
”I have no idea whether he will end up here,” admitted Hughes. ”It is dependent on too many factors. However, people should not think this is just being done on a whim.
”(Executive chairman) Garry Cook, (chairman) Khaldoon al-Mubarak and I have discussed this for numerous months and Kaka was in our thoughts right from the outset.
”It is not something we have only thought of in the last week and decided to act and it would be naive of people to think I have not been involved in the process.
”It has moved forward at a pace this week. It is a football decision that has been done with a structure and an understanding that we can move it forward.”