Juventus chief Luciano Moggi has confirmed that the club’s new coach will be Cesare Prandelli or Didier Deschamps.
Moggi has revealed that he has approached both men about taking over from Marcello Lippi – who last week confirmed he would stand down in the summer.
“Who will be the new coach? One between Prandelli and Deschamps,” Moggi told Gazzetta dello Sport.
“We have spoken with both of them and we will take the decision after May 12.
“Deschamps and Prandelli are both good.
“Deschamps has been a player of mine, and was a coach already when he was on the pitch.
“From this point of view he reminds me of (Fabio) Capello and (Carlo) Ancelotti.
“Prandelli is working in a good way with young players. For him results are talking. “But I repeat, we will make the choice after May 12.”
Deschamps insisted he would not consider any job offers until the end of the season.
“I am firmly in a job at Monaco until the end of the season – afterwards we will see,” said the former Juve star.
“It is not part of my thoughts at the moment.”
The club have already offered Deschamps an improved deal on his present contract but the lure of returning to Turin may be difficult to resist.