Kaka has played down the prospect of joining Manchester City, saying he plans to stay at Milan.
The Serie A outfit confirmed earlier on Wednesday that they met with a City delegation on Tuesday to discuss their interest in the Brazilian playmker.
City were reportedly prepared to offer £100million to persuade Milan to sell the 2007 World Player of the Year.
Kaka’s adviser Diogo Kotscho had indicated that the player would consider a move to City, if they matched his ambition, but the 26-year-old has committed his long-term future to the Rossoneri.
“As long as the club keep high objectives, my desire will always be to stay at Milan,” Kaka told Mediaset, which is also owned by Milan president Silvio Berlusconi.
“I want to get old here and my objective for the future is to become this team’s captain. I know there is a hierarchy and Maldini and (Massimo) Ambrosini are before me, but after…”
“I refused important offers in the past.”
Kaka has a contract with Milan until 2013 and the news will be a huge boost to coach Carlo Ancelotti as they look to challenge rivals Inter for the Serie A title.
Milan had earlier confirmed that their chief executive Adriano Galliani had met officials from City on Tuesday to discuss Kaka’s future.
In a statement, the club said: “Galliani received a delegation from Manchester City yesterday in Milan as a gesture of courtesy like always in these cases. There are no talks at the moment.”
Kaka’s spokesman Diogo Kotscho warned City it would need more than a large cheque to persuade the player to leave Milan.
“Kaka wouldn’t do anything based on money,” Kotscho told Corriere dello Sport. “He would never do something like Robinho, who, just to earn more, contented himself with a solution that was not a winning one.”