Fulham have denied reports that Chelsea have made a bid for Frenchman Louis Saha and that an £18m price tag had been put on the striker.
Responding to media reports, Fulham denied there was any truth in the suggestion that Chelsea had bid for the 25-year-old striker.
“There has been no contact from Chelsea for Saha, it is not true,” a Fulham spokeswoman was quoted as saying by the BBC.
“It is also nonsense to suggest Fulham have put a price tag of £18m on Saha. None of these reports are true.”
But t Saha remains determined to leave the west London club. He told Tuesday’s edition of Le Parisien that if he cannot move to United now, then he would see oit his contract and leave the club on a free transfer.
“The club has told me it would prefer to sell me in six months,” he said.
“But now I’m fed up – either I leave before the end of the month or I stay until the end of my contract in 2006.”
“If Fulham love me as much as that they must look after me until the end.
“I know that United don’t want to have a tussle with Fulham but my bosses have to remember that they are also businessmen.
“When a large sum of money is put on the table, you should know how to stop being difficult. Otherwise you end up with nothing, and a player who is frustrated and angry.”