SubscribeSubscribe

Brazil and Italy, who have won nine World Cups between them, meet this Tuesday for an International Friendly. See all the betting here.

Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani has confirmed the Italian club have seen their bid for David Beckham rejected by Los Angeles Galaxy.

The Serie A outfit are keen to sign the former England skipper on a permanent basis after he has impressed during his loan spell at San Siro.

It has been reported that Milan have failed with a £6.7million offer, as Beckham’s loan approaches its expiration on 9th March.

“We made an offer to Galaxy which they have not accepted,” Galliani told Sky television at Milan’s home league game with Reggina.

“For now we are a long way apart but there is still a month to go.”

The MLS side admitted that they are unhappy with the terms offered by Milan.

“We need to end the distractions, the circus and the zoo. We just received an offer. It was rejected,” Galaxy chief executive Tim Leiweke told the Los Angeles Times.

“If David ultimately is an asset for this team, we want him back.

“If David ultimately has a hunger and a desire to come help us make the impact on the pitch that we wanted to make with him but haven’t done yet, then he’s an important member of this team and our intention is to bring him back.

“Clearly, if David’s in a position where he wants to finish the season in Milan, and Milan in turn compensates the Galaxy so that we can suffer no damages to our fans or to our team, then we’ll take a look at it.

“But we have made it very clear to them that we expect David back here on 9th March. They agree and understand we own the contract. They understand the only way we do this is if, when this is all said and done, the Galaxy benefits.

“If the Galaxy comes out better without David than with David, then we’ll take a look at it.

“We understand his infatuation with playing on the world’s most popular club team right now, and we understand his trying to mentally get around the idea of coming back to play with a team that didn’t make the play-offs in MLS last year.

“That said, David and us actually are talking. He has never forced our hand on anything. This is not a legal conversation and has never been a legal conversation. He does not have lawyers looking at the contract.

“David has made it very clear that if our decision is to bring him back here, he will return. Period.

“Last time I checked, we’re the ones that have the contract. So the decision as to where David’s going to play this year is as much ours as anyone’s.

“If David comes back, it will be because there were decisions made by all involved and he’ll accept that. I don’t think he’ll be as disgruntled as the media makes it out to be.”

Brazil and Italy, who have won nine World Cups between them, meet this Tuesday for an International Friendly. See all the betting here.

Save 30% by subscribing to World Soccer

Articles

Kelsey Media Ltd
The Granary, Downs Court
Yalding Hill
Yalding
Kent ME18 6AL
01959 541444
www.kelsey.co.uk

© 2021 Kelsey Media Ltd