Tuesday night see's another eagerly-awaited Manchester derby. We've picked six memorable moments from the rivalry. From title winning goals, to career-ending tackles.
1) Perhaps the most famous of all Manchester derby moments. United’s legendary striker Denis Law scores the goal that effectively relegates his former club. Law refused to celebrate and admitted afterwards that he was inconsolable for decades.
2) George Best’s shocking tackle on Manchester City defender Glyn Pardoe not only broke his leg but could have cost the player his limb. The tackle subsequently sidelined Pardoe for two years.
3) One of the iconic moments of recent Mancghester derbies occurred when maverick striker, Mario Balotelli, lifted his shirt to reveal the message ‘Why always me?’
4) In one of the most dramatic climaxes to a season ever witnessed in England, Sergio Aguero wins the 2012 Premier League title for Manchester City at the expense of United, with virtually the last kick of the game. Not strictly a derby match, but one that still pains United fans.
5) Another Manchester derby career ending tackle. This time Roy Keane exacts revenge on Alfe Inge Haaland. The Norwegian once had the temerity to suggest that Keane was feigning injury and the United skipper had never forgiven him. Cue this awful challenge.
6) No one has played more Manchester derby games than Ryan Giggs. The United veteran will be hoping to play in his 37th at Old Trafford tonight. Giggs’s first senior start came in the Manchester derby and so, in the same game, did his first official goal.