Here’s your daily round-up of the latest transfer gossip from World Soccer.

SubscribeSubscribe

JOSE DESPERATE TO ADD COMPETITION FOR KANE

Jose Mourinho said before Sunday’s game against Everton that he wanted a new striker before the transfer window closes next month. After seeing his side beaten 1-0 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium by The Toffees, it’s more clear than ever that he needs to strengthen his squad.

Danny Ings of Southampton celebrates after he scores his teams first goal during the Premier League match between Watford FC and Southampton FC at Vicarage Road on June 28, 2020 in Watford, United Kingdom.

Harry Kane ended 2019-20 with five goals in three games, but only touched the ball twice in Everton’s penalty area at the weekend. There’s no doubt that he needs some help and it’s now down to Spurs to take action in the transfer market.

According to Football.London, Tottenham are interested in signing Southampton and England forward Danny Ings. The 28-year-old hit 22 goals in the Premier League last season, so it’s unlikely The Saints would allow him to leave for anything less than a hefty fee.

UNITED TO GIVE UP ON SANCHO 

It’s been one of the biggest transfer sagas of the summer, but is Manchester United’s pursuit of Jadon Sancho finally over? According to The Telegraph, The Red Devils are ready to walk away from a deal for the Borussia Dortmund forward, and have instead made enquiries over alternative players, including Inter Milan’s Ivan Perisic.

Dortmund’s English midfielder Jadon Sancho vies for the ball during the German first division Bundesliga football match BVB Borussia Dortmund v Schalke 04 on May 16, 2020 in Dortmund, western Germany as the season resumed following a two-month absence due to the novel coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.

Interestingly, Douglas Costa has also recently been put up for sale by Juventus. United have previously been linked with the 29-year-old Brazilian, and we wouldn’t be surprised if they reignite their interest now that they’ve seemingly given up on Sancho.

BOURNEMOUTH WANT £50M FOR BROOKS 

Manchester United are also understood to have considered Bournemouth’s David Brooks among their options this summer. However, as reported last week by the Manchester Evening News, Leicester City had emerged as the favourites to secure the youngster’s signature.

David Brooks of AFC Bournemouth runs with the ball during the Premier League match between AFC Bournemouth and Southampton FC at Vitality Stadium on July 19, 2020 in Bournemouth, England. Football Stadiums around Europe remain empty due to the Coronavirus Pandemic as Government social distancing laws prohibit fans inside venues resulting in all fixtures being played behind closed doors.

Bournemouth aren’t willing to let the 23-year-old leave for anything less than £50 million, though. According to The Sun, The Cherries have told Leicester that they won’t be selling for any less than their asking price, so it’s now down to The Foxes to make a decision.

Kelsey Media Ltd
The Granary, Downs Court
Yalding Hill
Yalding
Kent ME18 6AL
01959 541444
www.kelsey.co.uk

© 2022 Kelsey Media Ltd

Save 50% today!

Subscribe to World Soccer magazine and receive your first 13 issues for only £38.94!