Barcelona have denied claims that Arsenal have told them to double their offer if they want to sign Cesc Fabregas.
The Spanish champions had a €35million offer for the Arsenal skipper rejected last week.
Reports on Monday suggested Arsenal are now prepared to accept an offer – if Barca increase their bid to €70m.
But Barcelona director general Joan Oliver has dismissed this speculation, insisting they have heard nothing from the Gunners.
He said: “They said they would not sell, it’s logical therefore that they have not set a price for him.
“We made a formal offer. The only official response we have from Arsenal is that they are not ready to sell the player, for which it would be difficult for them to be putting a price when they say they are not selling.”
Oliver acknowledged that although Barca were keen for the deal to proceed, their hands were tied unless Arsenal agreed to sell Fabregas.
“On our part, after having made an offer we are ready to sign the deal this very morning,” Oliver continued.
“We still have time to do it, but it is a deal we cannot do just by ourselves.”