Bayern Munich will meet Franck Ribery to discuss his future in early March, according to the club’s director of sport Christian Nerlinger.
The Frenchman revealed earlier this month he wants his future to be resolved before the start of the World Cup in June.
The France international has been linked with a move to Real Madrid, and Bayern president Uli Hoeness has already admitted he may have to be sold next summer if he does not sign a new contract, as he would be available for free 12 months later.
“Franck came to us once in the summer,” Nerlinger said on Bayern’s official website. “He said he felt very much at home in Munich and was grateful to the club, but there was one alternative which he could imagine himself taking. We declined, and the matter was closed internally.
“Franck has always behaved correctly, and I won’t hear a word said against him in this respect. We won’t put him under pressure. We’ll sit down with him and talk in early March.
“We’ll set out our position, and he’ll explain his, and we’ll see if we can agree. It matters a lot to me that the process is fair and respectful.”
Ribery has missed much of the season with a knee injury, while swollen toes kept him out of Friday’s win over Hoffenheim. But Nerlinger is confident the playmaker will be back in action against Werder Bremen on Saturday.
“Franck had a genuinely serious knee injury,” he added. “He’s over it now, which is the vital thing. I’m really relaxed about another couple of days lost to a swollen toe.
“Franck’s the one who’s suffered most from his injury woe. A French doctor wanted him to have surgery, but it’s well known that an operation on a patella tendon is extremely risky.
“We persuaded him not to follow that course of action, and (Bayern doctor) Dr Muller-Wohlfahrt and his team have put things right.
“Our coaching staff are bringing him on very cautiously. Once he’s back, it’ll be a very interesting second half of the season with Rib and Rob (Arjen Robben). I’m 100% convinced we’ll see Franck back on the pitch next Saturday.”