Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson says that speculation over the club’s future ownership will not affect his side’s approach on the new season.
A number of groups are said to be bidding to take over from American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett at Anfield.
But speaking after Thursday’s Europa League win over Rabotnicki, Hodgson said: “When and if a takeover takes place, I’m sure I will be informed.
“The interesting thing for me was the game, that has been my total focus.”
Liverpool won 2-0 at Anfield with goals through David Ngog and Steven Gerrard to complete a comfortable 4-0 aggregate win over Macedonian outfit Rabotnicki.
However, events off the pitch dominated much of the pre- and post-match talk, following rumours that the Chinese government could be linked to a takeover bid for the club.
But Hodgson refused to be drawn on the speculation, simply warning of the dangers a drawn-out takeover process could pose for the club.
“We have made some signings so far and we hope to bring in at least a couple of other players,” he said.
“I think the danger would be in a late takeover. That money would be made available but we wouldn’t have had a chance to research the players in this transfer window.
“We are doing our research in this window and targeting players that the club is able to buy.
“If one day an enormous amount of money is made available like it was for Manchester City and Chelsea so be it, it would be nice.
“But we would still have to do a lot of research before we started splashing that money around.
“It is not a question of how much a player costs, it is how good he is.”