Inter President Massimo Moratti has said that Ronaldinho was expensive and the club were unlikely to try to outbid city rivals Milan in the race to sign the Brazilian.
“The price of Ronaldinho is a little high,” Moratti told reporters on Tuesday. “We are following the affair but I don’t think we are the most interested. Others have officially said they are. There is no derby competition (to sign him).”
Barcelona President Joan Laporta said that the player was worth at least €40m.
Milan agreed personal terms with Ronaldinho earlier this month but the transfer has stalled over Barcelona’s asking price.
Meanwhile, Laporta has revealed that his club had received several bids for the Brazilian, including offers from Premier League sides, but Milan had shown the strongest interest.
“I only say that Ronaldinho is worth more than €40m,” Laporta told Tuesday’s Gazzetta dello Sport.
He added that the player might stay on at the Camp Nou.
“He has never created the slightest problem and I’m sure he will return to how he was before, as soon as he is well.
“He just needs to find new motivation but it’s no foregone conclusion that he has to leave because he can find this with us, given that his contract runs until 2010.”