SubscribeSubscribe

Jose Mourinho will be hoping to land his second Champions League when his Inter face Bayern Munich in the final this Saturday. See all the football betting here.

Arsenal have revealed that they have received no approach from Barcelona regarding the proposed transfer of Spain international Cesc Fabregas.

The 23-year-old has been on Barca’s radar for some time and it emerged earlier this week that the midfielder had apparently told manager Arsene Wenger he wanted to leave.

Fabregas began his career with the Catalan outfit but left Camp Nou as a teenager to join Arsenal in search of first-team football.

The Spaniard become an integral part of their midfield, captaining the side and scoring 15 Premier League goals this season.

However, reports suggest that Fabregas now wanted to leave, leading to speculation a €45million (£39.1m) deal could be in the offing.

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood insists the club has yet to hear anything from the Spanish side.

“We have heard nothing at all from Barcelona,” stated Hill-Wood in the Daily Star.

Meanwhile, Barcelona midfielder Xavi has urged his compatriot to quit Arsenal.

Fabregas won the 2004 Community Shield with the Gunners along with the 2005 FA Cup, although the club has now gone five years without a trophy.

“It is criminal for a player of Cesc’s quality not to be winning the biggest prizes in football,” said Xavi.

“He really has no choice but to leave. He is making the right decision and I hope Arsenal fans wish him well.”

Jose Mourinho will be hoping to land his second Champions League when his Inter face Bayern Munich in the final this Saturday. See all the football betting here.

Make sure you don’t miss any of the last news and articles from World Soccer. Subscribe to World Soccer today and take advantage of our all 50th anniversary offer, saving up to 50%!

Articles

Kelsey Media Ltd
The Granary, Downs Court
Yalding Hill
Yalding
Kent ME18 6AL
01959 541444
www.kelsey.co.uk

© 2021 Kelsey Media Ltd