SubscribeSubscribe

Crystal Palace are up moving up the table after a win at Derby on Saturday and will be hoping to continue that form when they host Southampton on Monday.

Bayern Munich general manager Uli Hoeness has confirmed striker Lukas Podolski will be allowed to leave the club next summer.

The Germany international is unhappy at being the third-choice forward behind Luca Toni and Miroslav Klose and has previously admitted he would like to leave Bayern in January.

But Hoeness says Podolski can only leave when a replacement is found, and that will not occur before the end of the season.

“We would let Podolski go on July 1 if we find a replacement, but we should manage that,” he said.

“However, we cannot allow him to leave in the winter break because we would need a player who could play in the Champions League.”

Hoeness also revealed the player’s former club Cologne will have to pay more if they wish to sign Podolski.

“Cologne have made us an offer which was unspeakable,” Hoeness added on DSF television.

“Therefore, I do not have the feeling they are really serious about getting him.

“We paid around €10 million for him and Podolski is not worth any less today.”

Crystal Palace are up moving up the table after a win at Derby on Saturday and will be hoping to continue that form when they host Southampton on Monday.

Save up to £14 a year this Christmas when you subscribe to World Soccer

Kelsey Media Ltd
The Granary, Downs Court
Yalding Hill
Yalding
Kent ME18 6AL
01959 541444
www.kelsey.co.uk

© 2022 Kelsey Media Ltd

Save 50% today!

Subscribe to World Soccer magazine and receive your first 13 issues for only £38.94!