Real Madrid duo Pepe and Marcelo have both issued apologies for their behaviour against Getafe earlier this week.
Pepe was sent-off for kicking out at Javier Casquero in the 3-2 win at the Santiago Bernabeu on Tuesday.
The Portuguese international then clashed with Juan Angel Albin in the melee that followed the incident and he now looks certain to get a lengthy ban.
But Pepe admits he will accept any punishment handed out to him.
“We needed the three points. And seeing that (the penalty) complicated things, I just lost my head,” Pepe told Marca.
“In the moment when I fouled Casquero for the penalty, I felt like the one responsible for Madrid losing the league. I was frustrated.
“These are the worst days of my life. I watched replays and did not recognise myself. It was not me. I went crazy, lost control for a few minutes. The worst moment is what I am living right now.”
Pepe even admitted that he has little desire to play football at the moment.
“If I see that I cannot play football anymore, I will dedicate my life to something else,” Pepe said.
“At the moment I’m not motivated for anything. I’ll wait and see what happens with the sanction. I’ve never felt like this and I hope I never do again.”
Team-mate Marcelo, who was seen to taunt Getafe’s Cata Diaz during and after the win, has also apologised for his conduct.
“It was a very tough match. You want to win a game at all costs and you sometimes make mistakes. I did what I did and I said I was sorry,” he told the club’s official website.
“Things that happen between players shouldn’t leave the pitch. I want to say I’m sorry and, if the club decides to punish me, I will accept its decision.
“I’ve admitted I made a mistake. A Real Madrid player should never do a thing like that. You learn from your mistakes. It was a tough game and we were all worked up.
“Raul has given me some advice. He said I should learn from my mistakes.
“I would understand if it decided to do so. I will accept its decision if that’s what it thinks should happen.”