• Former Italy boss Cesare Prandelli, whose last job was with Galatasaray in Turkey, took charge of Valencia, becoming the Spanish club’s eighth coach in just over four years.
• Luigi Delneri replaced Giuseppe Iachini as Udinese coach just seven games into the Serie A season.
• Ex USA coach Bob Bradley left French second-tier side Le Havre and replaced Francesco Guidolin at Swansea City, becoming the first American to manage in the Premier League.
• Werder Bremen appointed Alexander Nouri as coach in place of Viktor Skripnik.
• Lucas Alcaraz took charge of La Liga side Granada for third time.
• Spain’s Gerard Pique says he will retire from international football following the 2018 World Cup after growing “tired” of criticism. The defender has long been a contentious figure due to his public backing of Catalan independence, as well as his part in perceived past squabbling between Barcelona players and their Real Madrid counterparts.
• Barcelona defender Jeremy Mathieu retired from international football at then age of 32, citing a “lack of motivation” to continue palying for France.
• After just two games in charge, Milovan Rajevac resigned as coach of Algeria following a 1-1 draw at home to Cameroon.
• Libya fire Spanish coach Javier Clemente following a 4-0 loss to DR Congo in the World Cup qualifiers.
• China coach Gao Hongbo resigned after a 2-0 defeat away to Uzbekistan.