Atletico Madrid have denied reports claiming that Manchester City have enquired about the possibility of signing Sergio Aguero.
The 20-year-old Argentinian forward, who joined Atletico from Independiente in 2006 in a £20m deal, is regarded as one of the most promising talents in world football.
City under the ownership of Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan’s Abu Dhabi United Group now have the financial muscle to outbid any other club and they have already indicated that they showed their willingness to spend when they broke the British transfer record to pay Real Madrid over £30million for Robinho.
Two City scouts were present in Getafe on Wednesday to watch Atletico in action as they won 2-1.
However, Atletico sources have confirmed that there has been no contact between the two clubs.
“There is no news on this subject, neither City or any other club have contacted us about Kun and Atletico is not interested in seeing the exit of this player,” the sources told skysports.com.
The player himself has always stated his desire is to remain with Atletico.
“My head is with Atletico and I am happy here,” he said earlier this month.