Germany’s Bundesliga is considered the best value league in the world in terms of quality and price.
Utilising several world rankings including UEFA, FIFA, and other databases, GoEuro.co.uk and Onefootball found the best value leagues by comparing the quality of the league and the cost of the ticket.
Behind Germany came Spain, Portugal and England, which is the most expensive league to attend. Premier League tickets cost an average of £53.76 a ticket, closely followed by Spain where tickets cost an average of £50.83. Third most expensive place to watch football is Italy and then somewhat surprisingly, Switzerland, with the United States completing the top 5.
Germany’s average ticket price is just £23.02, according to the index.
Top 10 best value leagues, according to GoEuro Football Price Index:
1. Germany Avg. ticket price: £23.02, Worldwide ranking: 2, Overall value: 12.6
2. Spain Avg. ticket price: £50.83, Worldwide ranking: 1, Overall value: 8.9
3. Portugal Avg. ticket price: £23.64, Worldwide ranking: 5, Overall value: 4.8
4. England Avg. ticket price: £53.76, Worldwide ranking: 3, Overall value: 3.8
5. Argentina Avg. ticket price: £19.92, Worldwide ranking: 7, Overall value: 3.6
Top 5 most expensive leagues (based on average ticket prices)
1. England Avg. ticket price: £53.76
2. Spain Avg. ticket price: £50.83
3. Italy Avg. ticket price: £50.10
4. Switzerland Avg. ticket price: £34.35
5. United States Avg. ticket price: £30.08