Lyon have revealed that a €25m bid for Mickael Essien, did not, as was reported last week, come from Chelsea.
Club president Jean-Michel Aulas said five days ago that he had turned down a bid when asked if the English champions had made an offer.
“Until today, I have received no offer from Chelsea,” he told L’Equipe.
“The €25 million offer I got last Friday came from another club.”
“We have had no offer from Chelsea,” he added.
The assumption is that the bid came from Real Madrid, although Aulas refused to divulge the identity of the suitors.