Fifa has unveiled its shortlist for the Best FIFA Men’s Coach of 2016.
Among the list of candidates is Claudio Ranieri, who will start as the bookmakers favourite after leading Leicester City to the most unlikely of title triumphs last season.
The winner of The Best FIFA Men’s Coach 2016 will be chosen via a combined voting process. Half the vote will be determined by the captains and coaches of national teams. The other 50% will be split between the result of an online public ballot with football fans and submissions from a select group of over media representatives from around the world.
The shortlist for The Best FIFA Women’s Coach 2016 was announced yesterday, and will be followed in the next 48 hours by the nominees for the best male and female player of 2016.
The winners of all categories, including the Ferenc Puskas Goal of the Year and the FIFA Fair Play Award 2016, will be presented on 9 January 2017.
The candidates, in alphabetical order, are:
* Chris Coleman (Wales/Welsh national team)
* Didier Deschamps (France/French national team)
* Pep Guardiola (Spain/FC Bayern Munich/Manchester City)
* Jürgen Klopp (Germany/Liverpool)
* Luis Enrique (Spain/FC Barcelona)
* Mauricio Pochettino (Argentina/Tottenham Hotspur)
* Claudio Ranieri (Italy/Leicester City)
* Fernando Santos (Portugal/Portuguese national team)
* Diego Simeone (Argentina/Atlético Madrid)
* Zinédine Zidane (France/Real Madrid).