Milan have revealed that Gennaro Gattuso could leave the club in the January transfer window.
Gattuso has not been playing regularly at the San Siro this season and has admitted he might have to consider his options in the New Year.
The Rossoneri have always insisted previously he will not be going anywhere and on Thursday they offered him a new deal to stay with the club for the rest of his career. However, according to reports, the tenacious midfielder has turned down the offer.
Reports in the Italian media suggest Gattuso has rejected the chance to extend his contract and Milan vice-president Galliani accepts he could now move on.
Manchester City were understood to be monitoring the 31-year-old’s situation but Galliani is not sure they will follow up with an offer.
“I am not aware that Manchester City is interested in him,” Galliani told Gazzetta dello Sport.
“I have also spoken to (Chelsea manager Carlo) Ancelotti and Rino (Gattuso) is not in his plans.”
Galliani added: “Milan is not a hotel where you can check out anytime you want. Rino (Gattuso) has a contract with Milan and I don’t think he has an agreement with anyone – that’s what he told me.
“Now he has two roads; he can either extend his contract or leave, therefore he’ll take a decision in December, before January.”