The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) has said it does not want to play a rematch against Serbia after a Euro 2012 qualifier between the two countries was abandoned.
The contest in Genoa lasted only seven minutes when Serbian supporters threw flares onto the pitch. The Kick-off had already been delayed due to crowd trouble emanating from the away end.
UEFA has opened a disciplinary investigation into the scenes and does have the power to award a 3-0 win to Italy. The case will be heard on October 28.
The FIGC is unwilling to meet Serbian’s requests for the game to be staged again.
FIGC general director Antonello Valentini told RAI that doing so would be “a gift” to Serbia.
“UEFA have asked the Serbian Federation for a report,” Valentini said. “So far, they have not asked us for anything. We have sent them the (video) images.”