SubscribeSubscribe

The African Cup of Nations is now underway and we have all the best outright tournament and individual match odds.

Mali midfielder Seydou Keita says the African Cup of Nations should have been cancelled after the shooting of the Togo team bus.

Three members of the Togo party were killed following the incident in Angola on Friday, which led to the country pulling out of the tournament.

Keita, 29, scored twice in Mali’s remarkable comeback against the hosts on Sunday but admits he is scared to be in Angola.

“If only the competition had been cancelled,” he said. “You can’t leave home to die.

“Personally, I have to say that I am scared because I don’t know this country.

“After seeing what happened to Togo, I am scared. You don’t know when a problem could happen again.

“My only worry is returning home.”

The Barcelona player also thinks that the whole incident depicts African football in a negative light .

“What happened is a very difficult situation for Togo but it is also very negative for African football,” he added.

“The Confederation of African Football and politicians of this continent have to take measures to avoid these situations.

“Football has become something very important throughout the world and the image which has been left following the attack is something very bad for African football.

“We came here to play not to die.”

The African Cup of Nations is now underway and we have all the best outright tournament and individual match odds.

Make sure you don’t miss any of the last news and articles from World Soccer. Subscribe to World Soccer today and take advantage of our all 50th anniversary offer, saving up to 50%!

Articles

Kelsey Media Ltd
The Granary, Downs Court
Yalding Hill
Yalding
Kent ME18 6AL
01959 541444
www.kelsey.co.uk

© 2021 Kelsey Media Ltd