Roberto Mancini will remain in charge at Internazionale, despite his announcement that he would quit at the end of the season, the club’s president said.
Inter president Massimo Moratti said he had spoken with Mancini and the coach had confirmed he would stay on as coach.
“He reiterated that he wants to stay at Inter next year and for all the duration of his contract and that next season he wants to win the Champions League,” Moratti was quoted as saying by ANSA.
Mancini unexpectedly announced he would resign at the end of the season following Inter’s Champions League elimination to Liverpool on Tuesday.
“The next two and a half months will be my last as the manager of the team,” Mancini said during a post-match news conference. “This is a decision that I had already taken and has nothing to do with the defeat to Liverpool.”