Romania striker Adrian Mutu says he is relishing the prospect of resuming his career at Juventus.
Mutu was sacked by Chelsea last October for testing positive for cocain,, but he was snapped up by Juve last month, even though his susopension does not expire until May 18.
“I am happy because my life has taken on a new meaning after a terrible period,” said the striker .
“I believe I have matured and will benefit from this experience. Juventus are one of the strongest teams in the world and I can’t wait to be involved.”
Juventus coach Fabio Capello was delighted with his new acquisition.
“He is one of those players who will give us an extra bit of quality,” said Capello.
“We have been looking for a player like him and the deal is an excellent one as we got him for free.”
Mutu joined Chelsea from Parma for £15.8m in August 2003 and although be began his Stamford Bridge career brightly, his form tailed off in the latter part of the season.
On October 19 2004, it was revealed that Mutu had failed a drugs test and he was sacked days later by Chelsea. The English Football Association (FA) subsequently suspended the player for seven months.