SubscribeSubscribe

Shakhtar Donetsk face Werder Bremen in the UEFA Cup Final this Wednesday. Click here for all the early match betting.

Milan president Silvio Berlusconi insists no decision has yet been taken over the future of Carlo Ancelotti amid rumours the coach will join Chelsea in the summer.

Ancelotti has been touted as the favourite to be appointed as Chelsea’s new manager when Guus Hiddink steps down from his temporary role after the FA Cup final on 30th May.

There have also been suggestions that Milan will sack the long-serving coach following the club’s failure to mount a serious title challenge this season.

Berlusconi was critical of Ancelotti last week after claiming his tactics had stifled Milan’s prospects this season.

However, the Milan chief says nothing has been decided except that a young coach will be appointed if Ancelotti does leave.

“Ancelotti is a person of our family,” Berlusconi told the Italian media. “We will find a solution for his and our good.

“If we have to part ways, and I repeat that for the moment there is nothing that has already been decided, we will take a young and emerging coach.”

Former Milan striker Marco van Basten has been linked with the job after he quit as coach of Ajax earlier this month after just one season in charge.

“Marco is like a son to me and is a part of the history of Milan,” added Berlusconi.

“Now, many young coaches have broad shoulders and are ready for a big club.”

Shakhtar Donetsk face Werder Bremen in the UEFA Cup Final this Wednesday. Click here for all the early match betting.

For more fascinating features, subscribe and save 30% and use the below link?

Articles

Kelsey Media Ltd
The Granary, Downs Court
Yalding Hill
Yalding
Kent ME18 6AL
01959 541444
www.kelsey.co.uk

© 2021 Kelsey Media Ltd