SubscribeSubscribe

It’s back to Champions League business this week as the remaining 16 sides continue their quest for European glory. Get all the best betting here.

Massimo Moratti and Mario Balotelli’s agent have cooled speculation that the Inter striker is set for a new contract.

Reports in Italy have claimed the forward, who is currently tied to Inter until 2013, will be offered a new five-year deal which would double his wages.

However, Inter president Moratti dissmissed the rumours and says no talks have taken place.

“I don’t think that anyone has spoken about this possibility, because Balotelli already has his contract,” said Moratti after Inter’s 0-0 draw with Genoa on Sunday.

“I don’t know where this news came from.”

The Italy Under 21 international’s agent and brother Corrado also confirmed it is too early to discuss a new deal.

Corrado Balotelli told Corriere dello Sport: “Mario just has to focus on doing well on the pitch, as he has been doing so far, then we will see.

“His deal ends in 2013 and it’s too premature to talk about this.

“In any case, the figures mentioned in the press are pure fantasy.”

It’s back to Champions League business this week as the remaining 16 sides continue their quest for European glory. Get all the best betting here.

Make sure you don’t miss any of the last news and articles from World Soccer. Subscribe to World Soccer today and take advantage of our all 50th anniversary offer, saving up to 50%!

Articles

Kelsey Media Ltd
The Granary, Downs Court
Yalding Hill
Yalding
Kent ME18 6AL
01959 541444
www.kelsey.co.uk

© 2021 Kelsey Media Ltd