Brazilian forward Alexandre Pato will be eligible to make his Milan debut in January after the club confirmed they expected his registration to be ratified early next month.
Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani said he expected the 18-year-old’s registration to be finalised by January 10.
Pato joined Milan from Internacional in August but he was only 17 years-old at the time, and Milan were not allowed to register him in the Italian league as he had not reached the minimum age requirement of 18 years.
“We hope to see Pato in Italy on January 9 or 10,” said Galliani.
Last year he was a member of the Internacional Squad that won the Club World Cup, beating Barcelona in the final. He scored in their semi-final victory over Egypt’s Al-Ahly.
“Pato is the youngest player to have scored in a FIFA competition,” said Galliani.
“On January 4 we will hand in our contract to the Italian federation and we will ask for his transfer to be ratified.”