Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon on Thursday ruled out any new signings during January’s transfer window despite their shock 3-2 defeat to Werder Bremen in the Champions League.
Real are still favourites to go through to the knockout stages despite this loss, but they now require at least a draw on December 11 at home against Lazio.
“We’re sad and disgusted because it seemed logicial that we would get a point. But we have to look ahead, I have blind confidence in this team,” Calderon told Cadena SER radio.
“There will no recruitment during the winter break,” he added.
There had been speculation that the club could sell Malian midfielder Mahamadou Diarra and Brazilian striker Julio Batista, but that now looks unlikely.
Real sporting director Pedja Mijatovic had said last month that “if nothing strange happens we don’t need to recruit in January”.