1) A bizarre own-goal helped Mainz secure a 3-0 victory over Augsburg on Saturday.
The ball came back off off the post and when Matthias Ostrzolek tried to lash it away, his clearance hit the aptly-named goalkeeper, Marwin Hitz, in the face, before rebounding into the empty net.
2) Lazio’s Michael Ciani became involved in a comical mix-up with his goalkeeper Federico Marchetti, with neither man quite knowing what the other was doing and by the time they realised, the ball was already in the back of the net.
3) Not the most spectacular of own goals but arguably the most costly came at Selhurst Park where Chelsea skipper John Terry headed into his own net to hand victory to struggling Crystal Palace. The result cost Chelsea their place at the top of the Premier League table and according to manager Jose Mourinho, the title itself.
4) When you’re rooted to the foot of the table, it must seem like events are conspiring against you. This was how goalkeeper David Stockdale must have felt having seen his seemingly-doomed Fulham side dominate Everton, only for this to happen.
5) Tottenham started as they meant to go on at Anfield. The match was only a minute old when Liverpool full-back Glenn Johnson fired in a cross which cannoned off the hapless Younes Kaboul into the back of the net. It was downhill from then on for Tim Sherwood’s motley collection.