• Manchester City’s 33-year-old Ivorian midfielder Yaya Toure has announced his retirement from international football.
• Bottom of the table, Valencia sack coach Pako Ayestaran after they lose their opening four Liga games.
• Reigning Polish champions Legia Warsaw sacked coach Besnik Hasi after just two wins in their first nine league fixtures and a 6-0 loss at home to Borussia Dortmund in their opening Champions League game. The Albanian had only been in the Legia hotseat since June.
• Zlatko Kranjcar resigned as Dinamo Zagreb coach after a 5-2 league defeat to Rijeka. It was Dinamo’s first home defeat in the league in 104 outings. The setback followed a 3-0 loss to Lyon in their opening Champions League group game.
• Corinthians sacked Cristovao Borges after a run of poor results in the Brazilian championship. Roger Machado stepped down as Gremio boss after defeat to Ponte Preta.
• John Toshack stepped down as boss of Wydad Casablanca following their 4-0 defeat by Zamalek in the African Champions League semi-final first leg. He was replaced by former Wydad player Mohamed Sohail.
* These lists will be updated throughout the week.