• Manchester United have signed former Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes on an 18-month contract. The 32-year-old has been undergoing rehabilitation from an anterior cruciate ligament injury since leaving Barca in the summer.
• Hamilton Academical manager Alex Neil left the Scottish Premier League club to take charge of English Championship side Norwich City.
• Vitor Pereira, who won back-to-back Portuguese titles during a two-year stint with Porto, replaced Michel as coach of Greek Super League side Olympiakos.
• Eugen Trica, who won the double with CFR Cluj as a player in 2008, has taken charge of the Romanian club for a second time.
• Jesse Marsch replaced Mike Petke as coach of MLS club New York Red Bulls.
• Robin Dutt, who was sacked as coach of Werder Bremen in October, has been appointed director of sport at Stuttgart.
Dutt, who had a similar role with the German Football Association prior to joining Bremen, replaces Fredi Bobic, who was dismissed in September.
• Cameroon midfielder Alex Song, who is currently on loan at West Ham United from Barcelona, retired from international football after being left out of his country’s Africa Nations Cup squad.
• Olympiakos sacked coach Michel with the side second in the Greek Super League.
• Interim coach Mauricio Soria signed a four-year permanent deal to lead Bolivia’s national side.
• Level on points with Apollon at the top of the Cypriot league, defending champions APOEL parted company with coach Giorgos Donis the day after they were held 1-1 at home by bottom side Ayia Napa.
For our guide to who’s hot and who’s not in the world of football management, check out World Soccer’s Managers Index.