Social media and recruitment site, LinkedIn, is reported to have helped one player find a new club.
• Leicester appointed Eduardo Macia as head of recuitment. Macia was previously Fiorentina’s technical director following spells as Liverpool’s chief scout and techinical director of Olympiakos. He previously worked with Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri at Valencia.
• Kilmarnock signed former Nottingham Forest striker Nathan Tyson after an account claiming to belong to the 34-year-old advertised his services on LinkedIn.
• Lucio Antunes, the air traffic controller who led Cape Verde to the African Nations Cup quarter-finals in 2013, was reappointed coach of the national team.
• Roger Machado stepped down as Gremio coach after defeat to Ponte Preta left them in eighth in the Brazilian championship.
• Canada part company with one-time Real Madrid coach Benito Floro.
• George Lwandamina steps down as boss of Zambia’s national team to concentrate on coaching club side Zesco United, who are in the semi-finals of the Champions League.