1) A ludicrous long range free-kick from Hakan Calhanoglu in Hamburg’s shock 3-0 win over Borussia Dortmund was a contender for the Goal of the Season. The keeper has plenty of time to see it but can is powerless to do anything about it.
2) A marvellous piece of improvisation from Alan in Red Bull Salzburg 6-1 thrashing of Admira.
3) When you’re the world’s most expensive player you are expected to produce something out of the ordinary on a regular basis. Gareth Bale delivered again on Saturday with a stunning strike against Elche.
4) Described by manager Arsene Wenger as one of the best he had seen at the Emirates, this lovely team goal finished off by Tomas Rosicky, helped Arsenal to a 4-1 win over Sunderland. The 42-pass move was reminiscent of Jack Wilshere’s memorable goal against Norwich earlier in the season.
5) To complete our selection, yet another long range effort – this time from France, with Sochaux’s Sebastien Corchia blasting home a free-kick form distance against Valenciennes.