Jose Mourinho believes that Chelsea have the edge over their UEFA Champions League opponents Barcelona.

The sides meet in the knock-out stage of the competition with the winners of the tie, likely to be installed as favourites to win this year’s trophy.

Both sides currently lead their respective domestic leagues, but Mourinho believes his team have the edge over their Spanish counterparts.

“Barca are going well, they must win the league this year,” Mourinho stated.

“Seven points is not 20, but it’s an important difference and they have the margin to commit an error or two.

“What’s more, this year I can detect a special relationship between everyone at the club. I don’t see many weak points in this Barca.

“I have confidence and optimism in my team to say that we have a minimal advantage in the tie.

“We have a 51 percent chance, and Barca 49 percent.”