The Daily Mirror released footage that allegedly shows Wilshere speaking to police in the aftermath of an altercation in Central London.
Arsenal midfield Jack Wilshere denies involvement in brawl that occurred in Central London outside a nightclub late on Saturday night.
Wilshere will be hoping to make a quick return to Arsenal’s first-team squad after he returned to full-team training after missing the whole season so far with a lengthy lay-off.
This prompted calls by Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger for England manager Roy Hodgson to call up the talented midfielder for the European Championships this summer.
Wenger said: “You want your players to compete at the top level, it is important for Wilshere to play in the Euros.”
The Daily Mirror revealed footage of Wilshere apparently speaking to police in the aftermath of an fracas.
According to Sky Sports, Arsenal did say that a “fracas” took place and Wilshere was present, but said crucially that the England international told them that he was not involved.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “At 2.15am on Sunday, 3 April, police patrolling Coventry Street became aware of two groups of males involved in an altercation.
“Officers intervened and one man claimed he was assaulted. He did not require hospital treatment.
“There have been no arrests and inquiries continue. We will not comment on who may or may not have been involved.”