With the World Cup due to start in 13 days, FIFA general secretary Jerome Valcke is still concerned over the state of three of the stadiums.
Valcke has expressed his fears over preparations in Natal, Porto Alegre and Sao Paulo, venue for the opening game between Brazil and Croatia.
He tweeted that Natal’s Arena das Dunas was in a “race against the clock”.
“We need full commitment from all parties in Natal to ensure all will be in place and tested,” Valcke added.
Valcke also said that organisers at the Arena Fonte Nova in Salvador had “no time to waste” ahead of their first group game between Spain and the Netherlands on 13 June.
“All must be perfect that day,” Valcke cautioned.
FIFA also want to stage another test event in Sao Paulo’s Itaquerao stadium following a series of problems during the first match to be played there earlier this month.
A Brazilian league game is due to be held there this Sunday, but reports suggest it will be held in front of a reduced crowd.
In March, Porto Alegre’s local mayor said the city could drop out altogether if additional funding was not found to build facilities for media, sponsors and fans – deemed as essential for the smooth running of the tournament.
Meanwhile, Ronaldo, who is a member of the Local Organizing Committee, says he feels “embarrassed” about the state of the country’s infrastructure around the forthcoming tournament.
“My embarrassment is on behalf of the population that really expected these large investments – airport reforms, urban mobility, everything that was promised and not delivered,” admitted the 2002 World Cup winner.
“I think we’re missing an opportunity. A series of investments were promised that won’t be delivered. Only 30% percent will be delivered.”