Barcelona president Joan Laporta has denied reports that the Spanish champions have made an offer for Arsenal striker Thierry Henry.
“Barca have not made an offer for Henry,” Laporta told a news conference on Tuesday.
“It is true that the coaching staff think he is a very good player, but we are happy with the squad we already have.
According to reports in Spain, Barcelona were preparing to exchange Samuel Eto’o for the Arsenal forward.
“We have no intention of getting rid any of our important players and have no desire to sell Eto’o. I want to make it clear to other clubs that we don’t want to sell anyone.”
Laporta was also keen to end speculation about the board at Barcelona after saw four directors, including vice-president Sandro Rosell, resigned last week in protest at the way in which the president was running the club.
“As far as I am concerned the matter is now closed,” he said.
“The club can move forward and we can now work in a more relaxed manner. The project that we were elected to implement remains the same, it has not changed one bit.”