Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp says he has had no contact with Chelsea, despite reports that he is a possible target for Roman Abramovich in the summer.
Reports at the weekend claimed that Redknapp’s success in taking Spurs to the quarter-finals of the Champions League, had not gone unnoticed by the Stamford Bridge hierarchy.
It has been reported that Chelsea are on the look out for a new manager, with incumbent, Carlo Ancelotti, expected to leave the club in the summer, despite winning the Double last season.
However, Redknapp has dismissed suggestions that he could leave White Hart Lane.
“I don’t take a lot of notice,” Redknapp told the Daily Mirror. “I just get on with it. It’s speculation.
“I’ve never spoken to anyone from Chelsea. No one’s come to me and said that Chelsea are interested in me or anything else. I’ve got a job to do here. I love it here. I’m happy here.”
Redknapp has also dismissed speculation over the future of goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes, who was guilty of two critical mistakes in the 5-0 aggregate Champions League defeat to Real Madrid.
“No. No chance. I’ve never ever thought about getting rid of him,” he said. “I’ve got no problems with Gomes. He’s a fantastic goalie and what he needs now is support. He’s made one mistake and he needs support. It’s no good people having a go.
“The one thing he doesn’t need is what he had when I first got here. He’d make a save and everyone would cheer and stuff. He doesn’t need that.
“You need people to realise that he’s done a great job here. He’s a great goalkeeper and we want him to come out on Wednesday and do what he did last year against Arsenal. He won the game for us. He made saves last year that he had no right to make.”