World Player of the Year Ronaldinho has declared that he had no intention of quitting Barcelona, after signing a contract extension which will keep him at the Spanish champions until 2010.
“I never saw myself outside Barca. I only listened to their offer and wasn’t interested in what other clubs were doing,” Ronaldinho told a news conference on Thursday.
“I am very happy in this side and this type of contentment doesn’t have a price. I want for nothing here and look forward to staying for many years.”
Barcelona eschewed any big money deals this summer, focussing instead on renewing their key players’ contracts.
Along with the Brazilian, striker Samuel Eto’o, midfielders Xavi and Deco and goalkeeper Victor Valdes all had their deals extended until 2010.
Barca said Ronaldinho’s buy-out clause had been increased to €125m.
“I am very pleased it has all been resolved. I wanted to stay at the club and they wanted me too, there was never a problem. There were only a few small matters to sort out,” added Ronaldinho.
“There was an option to extend till 2014 but the contract we have was perfect for both sides.
“It doesn’t change much for me really and my motivation remains the same – to create a beautiful future with Barcelona, winning many titles.”
Ronaldinho joined Barcelona from Paris St Germain on a five-year deal for a fee of €25m.