Manchester United midfielder Cristiano Ronaldo has refused to dismiss speculation linking him with a move away from Old Trafford.
Ronaldo has suggested his future is unclear but the winger insists the conjecture will not affect his impressive form this season.
Ronaldo, who played in Portugal’s 2-0 win over Brazil at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium last night, has been repeatedly linked with a move to Barcelona or Real Madrid since the World Cup last summer.
Barca sporting director Txiki Begiristain was reportedly at the game in north London to watch the winger but Ronaldo said: “For the moment, I’m only thinking about training well every day.
“I don’t know where I will be in the space of the next six months.
“The only thing I am sure about is I want to continue at the level I’ve reached and aim to improve even more.”
United have repeatedly insisted that Ronaldo is not for sale, and the winger was warned last week by club officals not to comment on the speculation.
Meanwhile, Portugal Coach Luiz Felipe Scolari denied on Tuesday that he advised Ronaldo to leave United for Barcelona.
“I don’t have any explanation on this matter, for what they wrote or didn’t write,” said Scolari in English media.
“It doesn’t matter. What I say goes in one ear and out the other. It’s not a matter that concerns me.”